Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A matter of life and death

As you can make out from the nanowrimo badge in the frame, I managed to complete 50K words and was declared a winner ! Yohoo !
I did it with about ten hours to spare - churned out the last four thousand words in about two and half hours. When I started off I was worried about reaching 50K and hence sent my MC on a long tour aroundIndia. Finally when I hit 50K I was no where near completing the story ! So right now the novel is incomplete - hoping I can spend some time over the December 'break' and clean (and complete) the novel. The whole experience was amazing. During the first couple of weeks there were these two voices inside of me - one telling me that all this was a complete waste of time and just stop it. The other voice kept egging me on - now that you have signed up you better complete it. Somewhere after I crossed 25K these voices kind of merged and I could hear - you should have stopped much earlier; now that you have reached this far better give your best shot and go all the way !
There was a point when I thought I would cry when I was done - one of those tiring days I guess. I thought two consecutive 3K word days were awesome and then I did an exhilirating 5K word day - on a working day ! That was it - I had to complete this thing I started.
And I did it ! Yohoo !!

Anyways, on Friday I wanted to have a small TGIO celebration at home. Raghu's first wedding anniversary also coincided on the same day. So on the way back from work to home, I dropped in at a Nilgiris store. There is a new chain of stores around the city - got to know that the management has changed and they are driving the expansion.
The black forest looked inviting - there were only three of them which I picked up immediately. As I looked around the display window, I came across a card stating "Life By Choclate". My mind immediately made a connection to "Death By Choclate" - a richly sweet cake with couple of scoops ice cream that is available at Corner House. Was this choice of name deliberately aimed the Corner House offering ?

Some people live by choclate and some are willing to die for it.

Being a more positive name, I picked one of the LBC's and one double choclate moouse. I strongly recommend the double choclate moouse - do try it out. I really liked it

No comments: