Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MetaPost Vertical Wit

The date on the text file containing this ascii art was June 20 2001.

The context ? I was struggling to bring a travel story (a nomadic nugget :) to close and had this idea of having an ascii art comic strip which I decided to lay out vertically and call 'Vertical Wit' (instead of Horizontal Humour ? :) This was the first and last strip that was done - vertical for sure but not much wit. Of course the characters were 'copy-pasted' from the web - only the text was typed by me.

Probably when I get some more time, I should revive this.
Which reminds me - saw this library called libasciiart or something of that sort on a linux box. Probably a program that generates these strips from some sort of description ... or maybe it just pulls out random text from the web and uses them ...

Hmmm ... sounds interesting ...

No comments: