Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A new beginning - in July

More than six months since my last post ... long time indeed. Had been a tad busy - posts were happening on the internal blogs though.
Since January, I got myself an iPhone (2G), Vidush turned one, I got promoted and I was (finally) part of team that won a quiz competition !

Sat through a different kind of lecture yesterday at work. It was talk-cum-dance performance by Dr. Sharada Srinivasan. She talked about the musical pillars of Hampi and then did a Bharatnatyam performance inspired by the musical pillars at the Vithala temple. It was quite a fascinating experience.


It was also sad to hear that the nearby area of Kupgal that is also a neolithic site and full of sonorus stones, is been ruthlessly exploited by the local mine owners for quarrying purposes.

We had been planning a trip to Hampi for quite some time - now I really want to visit the temples there on my next vacation.

No comments: