Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dry-cleaning chat

My neighbourhood dry cleaner is definitely chatty. I went to him a few months back to get my jacket cleaned. The 10 odd minutes I spent at his shop, he gave an overview of his career up until his latest job as owner of the dry cleaning shop. He told me that he was into catering - worked for a five star hotel and then started his own business. He was doing well but unfortunately met with an accident which forced him to start his current venture.

Yesterday I had get one of my trousers dry cleaned. The first question he asked me was
"Is the IAEA aggrement good for India ?"

I was a bit taken aback. I replied that it was good for the country in the long term. That was my honest personal opinion.

"Everthing is good in the long term - nuclear agreement, stock markets ..." was his reponse.

Quite a profound observation, I thought.

What do you think about the nuclear agreement ?

No comments: