Friday, November 2, 2007

Me too !

Official NaNoWriMo 2007 Participant
Read about NaNoWriMo in an internal blog post and signed up on an impulse. So what's the deal ? You attempt to write 50,000 words or more in the 30 days of November - that's all. As the web site conveys, the preference given to 'quantity over quality' is a refreshing change from some of the other endeavours that one pursues and the expectations out of them.

Starting a day late, I now need to type like crazy. The preparations of the upcoming quality audits, festivals (Diwali, arguably the biggest festival of India) and 6 month old kid at home do not help the cause.

Let me make it clear - I am not complaining about the last 2 points. Diwali brings a few holidays along with it which should mean more time to type :) And Vidush's smile can launch a more than a thousand novels !

Anyways, now that I have joined the madness I better figure out a method to it !!
Or should I even bother about the method ?

1 comment:

Optimistix said...

Do you mean 50,000 words right here, on the blog? Wow, that's a challenge indeed :-)

Tried calling you up, but got the message that the number (57.....) has changed.

Do mail me your new numbers soon.

Can't wait to see Vidush's smile in person :-)