Wednesday, November 1, 2017

State Change

November 1 is celebrated as Karnataka Rajyotsava. It is a state holiday. I have been enjoying this as a holiday since 1995 when I landed in Bangalore. Incidentally, Andhra Pradesh also celebrates its state formation day today. One interesting fact that I got to know from a WhatsApp thread was that thanks to the continued fission of states in India, Hyderabad does not have a holiday today. As it is part of Telangana, June 2 is their "new" day.

A different state transition happened personally for me. I declared the first innings of my professional career on Oct 31, 2017. While it is difficult to come up an objective score of the innings, the wonderful farewell given yesterday evening tells me that I have accomplished something meaningful. Learned a ton. Got an incredible opportunity to work with some amazing team of colleagues and get inspired by a number of great leaders.


In the pavilion now. Need to get cracking on "Project 42".

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” 
― Anaïs Nin

No comments: